Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Wedding Weekend - Part Two

Sorry, I really did mean to get back to this before a week went by. Anyway, continuing with the wedding...
Here we are sharing breakfast with other wedding ceremony guests. We are eating a rice-noodle soup called "baw-baw lote." The families provide wedding guests with breakfast and lunch, and then even more guests are invited to the evening reception!


During the ceremony, the groom and bride washed each other's feet. In traditional Buddhist weddings, only the woman washes her husband's feet. This was a believer's wedding, so they shared the symbolism together.
Here, Sopheak and SreyPenh exchange wedding rings.

Wearing silk outfits purchased just for this event, we get our photo taken with the new couple!!
Side note: I (Bethany) actually had my outfit tailored just for me. Cambodia is amazing that way - if you can't find what you're looking for, find someone to custom-make it. Since my feet are large for Asian shoe sizes, I actually found a shop to custom-make leather dress shoes - for $15! Imagine!!
(Continued in additional post)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you posting photos differently? Again, I cannot see any photos from this entry... only little boxes with X's where the photos should appear. However, on the Part 3 entry, I DO see the photos. Hmmm....