Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Kids Walking and Talking...

Ah, the joy of having children! As any parent knows, there is something amazing about seeing one's children passing significant milestones. The biggest family news around here is that Kai's having fun learning how to walk around. Granted he sometimes looks like he's not quite sober as he stumbles around, but it's great fun to watch. We've praised his efforts so much that when he walks and we're not looking/praising, he does the cheering himself by saying something that is the equivalent of "Yea! I did it!" He's also becoming more adventourous in eating more "un-pureed big people food." He loves bread, bananas, oranges, and carrots. Below is a picture of the little guy before he had his face wiped after a messy meal.

Juliana continues to amaze us with the way her mind works. She is very observant and asks terrific questions. One of her favorite story books is one about the life of Job. As we read to her, her thoughful theological questions sometimes leave us with no other option but to say, "That's a great question Juliana, I'm not sure how to answer that..."

The way that Juliana articulates her love for her brother and her parents is also quite cute. During one meal she said, "I wanted to share my bread with 'bapes' (Kai's nickname, based on the word 'baby') because I love him and I want him to be my friend." Before going to bed one night, she said, "I love Daddy the best and Mommy the best and I don't want to get married because I want to stay with them." She's really thinking ahead isn't she? Below is a shot of the the little smirking girl. -Ryan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love my Kai and my Juliana the best and I really, really miss them! Hope we can Skype again soon!

Anonymous said...

I was pretty sure Kai would take off on a run one of these days after we left. You need to get him a helmet as those floors are terribly smooth and hard!
Juliana, better keep your "options" open...I'll check back in a few years to see who you want to live with!
Ma-Ma Freed

Unknown said...

So precious. Love to check in on your life. Hope you are well. Kiddo's are sick here. Yuck. Take care. mis.

Anonymous said...

I love those smiles!!!
Any Skype possibilities soon?

Jana Faye Murphy said...

What a precious thing for Juliana to say! Whenever Liam says 'iam upset' about something and we ask why, he responds 'It's a secret.' That came from a book I believe. Do you really have Skype access? I would love to hear your voices sometime...

Naner