Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Wedding Bells in France

When I flew out of Cambodia on Wednesday, August 19th, I didn't know how rich the next few days would be. My destination was France. My purpose was to attend the wedding of Rodney (younger brother) and Alex (Alexandra).

We were disappointed that our whole family couldn't go, but Bethany, Juliana, and Kai did well at holding down the home fort while I enjoyed time at the wedding and reconnecting with my parents.

Here's Juliana and Kai trying to sneak into my suitcase


It was wonderful to finally meet Alex and to share supper with the soon-to-be-married couple on Thursday evening.


On Friday afternoon, Rodney, Alex and I welcomed our parents to the area too.

The wedding was beautiful, and I'm not just talking about the bride and groom (pictured above)


I had the honor of being Rodney's best man. Somehow it wasn't hard to say "Cheese!" in France.


The wedding reception was held at an old stone castle. It was a photographer's delight. Here the newlyweds pose with Mom, Dad, and I.


One of the best parts of my time in France was just simply seeing Rodney and Alex interact together. I witnessed love as I saw them experience laughter and tears together. I'm so glad they can be together and share in the wonderful gift of marriage.

-Ryan

4 comments:

ruthie said...

You captured some very special memories. Thanks for posting!
mom/nana

Joanne Fetzer said...

Beautiful wedding photos! What a wonderful location. So nice to see 4/5ths of your family together again. Where will Rodney and Alex live?

Unknown said...

So beautiful and special you got to be there Ryan. Fabulous location, right? :) Hope you have readjusted well to life "at home" again. Take care. Mis.

Joanne said...

Was wondering what the insignia was on the t-shirts that you and Rodney were wearing.